GigaNotoSaurus accepts Science Fiction or Fantasy (or any combination thereof) from 5,000 to 25,000. We could wax eloquent describing the kinds of stories we like, but it wouldn’t be useful; there are dozens of things we don’t know we like until we try them. Send us that story you really believe in–the one, maybe, that quickly ran out of places to submit it to because it’s so long.
Please don’t query to gauge our interest in a particular subgenre.
We actively seek a variety of settings, styles, viewpoints, and backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and genders.
GigaNotoSaurus publishes one story a month. We pay $100 per story on acceptance. We ask for first serial rights and non-exclusive, indefinite archival rights, though the author is welcome at any time to request a story be removed from the archive. Stories are made available for reading online as well as downloadable formats (EPUB and MOBI).
- Please use Standard Manuscript Format, and make the attachment an RTF file.
- The subject line of your email should read “Submission: [Title]” where [Title] is the title of your story.
- Please email your story to email@example.com as an attachment.
Your cover note should include:
- Your name
- The title of your story
- Length (word count) of your story
- Optional, but welcome:
- Your three best publication credits if you have any. (If you don’t have any, no need to explain, just leave this line off)
- A short statement any background or experience relevant to your story. For example: Your story is set in the cafeteria kitchen of an asteroid mining operation, and you are also short order cook, or Your story is about a group of magical siblings, and you are the youngest of eight.
You should receive a reply within thirty days. Please do not query before thirty days has passed.
Editor’s Note: As of March 2015, expect a longer response time for novellas (seventeen thousand words and up) — please allow forty-five to sixty days for a reply. Queries for novellas are appreciated after sixty days.
- Do not include a bio–if we buy your story, we will ask for biographical information.
- Do not include a summary or description of your story–your work will stand or fall on its own.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions (stories sent to more than one market at a time)
- We do not accept multiple submissions–only send us one story at a time.
- We do not accept reprints. Your story must be previously unpublished.
- Please do not resubmit a story that has been rejected by GigaNotoSaurus, even after revision, unless specifically invited to do so by the editor.
Thank you for thinking of us for your work!